“Come and See” Weekends & Vocation Events
“Come and See” Vocation Weekends
Our “Come and See” Vocation Weekends at the Dominican House of Studies in Washington, DC are an opportunity for young men who are seriously interested in the Dominican Order to experience life in one of our communities. The goal of the weekend is to allow you to step into our way of life and get a first-hand experience of what is means to be a Dominican friar.
Your time at the Dominican House of Studies will give you the chance to enter into the daily schedule and rhythm of a Dominican priory, to grow in your knowledge of the history and tradition of St. Dominic and the Order of Preachers, opportunities to meet and talk with the friars, both priests and student brothers, and the time to grow closer to our Lord in the Mass, the Divine Office, and adoration.
2018/2019 “Come and See” Vocation Weekends
- September 21-23, 2018
- November 9-11, 2018
- February 15-17, 2019
- April 5-7, 2019
Space is limited for these weekends. If you are interested, please contact the Director of Vocations, Fr. Jacob Bertrand Janczyk, O.P.
Summer 2018 Vocation Events
- July 10- New York City Vocation Event at St. Vincent Ferrer Priory
- August 5- Solemn High Mass in the Dominican Rite for the Solemnity of St. Dominic, St. Patrick Church, Columbus, OH at 3:00 PM
- August 8- Mass for the Solemnity of St. Dominic at St. Gertrude Church, Cincinnati, OH at 11:30 AM
- August 9- Ohio Vocation Event at St. Gertrude Priory, Cincinnati, OH
- 3:00 PM- Arrivals
- 5:00 PM- Rosary and Vesper followed by recreation with the Dominican community
- 6:00 PM- Dinner and followed by a talk on Dominican life
- 9:15 PM- Compline
- August 15- Mass of Simple Profession at St. Gertrude Priory, Cincinnati, OH at 11:30 AM
Contact the Director of Vocations, Fr. Jacob Bertrand Janczyk, O.P. to RSVP for these events.