Making a Report


Without exception, whenever we receive complaints about abuse of children and young people, these are reported to the appropriate law enforcement agency, regardless of their apparent credibility or the time since the reported abuse occurred, including anonymous complaints and complainants against friars who are deceased.

We encourage anyone who is aware of sexual abuse by a priest or religious to report it to their local law enforcement agency.

Making a Report to Law Enforcement

In cases where the victim is currently a minor or a child is currently in danger, make a direct report to a law enforcement agency.

  • If there is immediate danger to a child, call 911 and follow whatever steps law enforcement agents advise to protect the child.
  • If the danger is less immediate, contact the local police department or state child welfare hotline.

In cases where the the victim is no longer a minor, or the abuse occurred in the distant past, statutes of limitation vary by state.  You may wish to contact the local police department about making a report.

Making a report to the Dominican Friars

You may contact the Province of St. Joseph’s Victim Assistance Coordinator:

Ms Theresa F. Rodrigues, LCSW-R
Dominican Provincial Office
141 East 65th Street
New York, NY 10065
cell: 518-573-8254
fax: 212-861-5216